Sunday, April 09, 2006

"Doing Devotions"

"Doing Devotions"


Having mixing w/ a lot of strong christian friends got me thinking..i'm beginning to question my faith in christianity. Am i really a Christian? I mean..honestly.. now come to think of it - am I able to call myself even one?

As i mentioned before - i accepted Christ last year at a church of a friend of mine. I went there with 2 of my close college buddies. Both are Christians - strong ones. Accepting is one thing - but going to church?

Yea - i hardly go to church. No, make that rarely. Oh wait, VERY rarely. Even so i don't really go to church, i do my set of tasks everday that maybe could just - bring me closer to Him. I normally spend some time doing devotions - devoting some time to God.

I didn't realize i was actually doing devotions all these time..until a long conversation w/ a close buddy of mine. We were talking about his problems over the phone - some he had to deal w/ in such a short period of time. I pity the little guy.

Admist talking about his problems, we ended up talking about my own set of problems. He told me to get this book (or read it..i forgot liaw..kinda long time ago) - The Purpose Driven Life.


So i told him i've been reading it since last year..during the mid year. It was gift from a college buddy. No - it wasn't a birthday gift. He was being helpful...I had a lot problems i had to cope up with. All stupid problems...social and parental issues.

It was given to me during college hours. I was instructed to read a chapter a day - which the book consisted of 40 chapters that will enlighten your life..really. It works. This book is dedicated to everybody. You should read it.

So roughly in about a month or so, the book should've been completed. But i'm not done yet! I'm still reading it! I'm reading it for the second time now ..yay yay..gives self a pat on the back...ok that was ....gay.



Anyhow..my spiritual walk doesn't end here. Last year, the same college buddy gave me a Christmas gift.



Haha! A bible. I was totally expecting it from him. It was a gift from him and his girlfriend. I guess there are really people who care for you...awwww ...ehehe ..ok.. that was....gay..HAHA.. anyway..move on.

I do abit of bible reading on my free time. I'm serious. I'm not joking. I read quite little la...cause another rather interesting book caught my attention;

I'm so thankful i ever got this book. Remember the friend i mentioned that brought me to my realisation that i've been doing devotions all this while? Yea, same little fella. It's his book - he had the heart to lend it to me.

By the way i looked at the book, it's aimed rather at youngsters. The book talks about honest, romantic, and a refreshing biblical look at relationships. It inteprets courtships with wisdom. It's all about dating with a purpose (Harris. J 2000, Boy Meets Girl, Multnomah Publishers).

Well, i'm still haven't completed reading this book - only halfway through. Even so, i've already learnt alot from it. It made me taught me how to be patient and understand courtships (kao lui ah) better.

I'd really wish i've gotten this book at a much earlier time of my life. It would save me a lot of heart aches.

To the little friend of mine - Thank you :)

As for going to church - long story....i think i';ve said it before. My mum blasted at me wheni told her i wanna go to my friend's church.

Why? Cause she says why not go to my cousin's church instead of theirs. Alright..at that time i didn't know what to say - because telling her that the company didn't really suit me won't be a very good answer.

I feel more comfortable around my friends - is that a problem?

I'm gonna be more frank in the future.


Take care and God bless, everyone :)

-tsencai.

No comments: